- [채용정보] Scientist, Research for Implementation
- 날짜2021-02-04 16:33:23
Institution: HQ/TDR Special Programme for TDR SCI
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 years
Application Due: Feb 24, 2021, 7:59:00 AM
Essential: Advanced university research degree in a field relevant to global public health research such as biology, public health, medical sciences, epidemiology or other related scientific discipline relevant to the field.
Desirable: PhD or Doctorate level degree in a field relevant to global public health research such as biology, public health, medical sciences, epidemiology or other related scientific field discipline relevant to the field.
Essential: At least 7 years' experience and exposure at national and international level in clinical, epidemiological or disease control programme related operational and implementation research. At least 3 years' experience in contributing to translation of research evidence into policy in low and middle income countries. Proven achievement in grant management. Proven achievement in fund raising and resource leveraging. Proven experience in strengthening research and research implementation capacities of LMIC institutions and national programmes. Publication record with at least 10 publications in peer-reviewed journals demonstrating a track record in collaborative research. Strong track record in operational and implementation research infectious diseases of poverty in LMIC and the ability to advise good practices for research, and project management and research ethics.
Desirable: Experience in neglected tropical diseases, malaria and/or tuberculosis research. Experience in health research among hard to reach populations. Publication record includes at least 5 publications as first, second or last author. Publications demonstrate a track record in inter-disciplinary research. Experience working in public health programmes in disease endemic countries. Experience in policy development, working with policy makers or as decision maker. Experience in the UN System or WHO.
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of another WHO official language.
- Strong scientific skills and knowledge in the operations and implementation of research infectious diseases of poverty in low and middle income countries (LMIC) and the ability to advise good research practices with emphasis research in vulnerable populations, project management and research ethics.
- Strong skills in developing scientific guidelines, strategies or policies in the field of infectious disease.
- Strong skills in fundraising, grant management, and resource leveraging.Broad knowledge of infectious disease of poverty.
- Demonstrated appreciation of the requirements associated with implementation of research in LMIC.
- Ability to work in a team, and collaborate with other experts and colleagues.
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to manage and effectively negotiate interactions with internal and external partners including funders.
- Demonstrated project management skills, ability to lead, guide and motivate partners towards success, and capacity to manage and plan projects in relation to objectives.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 73,516 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 5483 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.